Rules & Legal
In an effort to facilitate appropriate communication between co-parents, ProperComm® developed a web based email and text message editing company. We edit text messages and emails between co-parents who are required to communicate but unable to do so appropriately.
Rules for ProperComm® users:
- Users will receive a randomly generated email address from ProperComm® once
registration and payment is complete.
- Text users will receive a text from ProperComm® to set up the text messaging
- ProperComm® will edit inappropriate emails from the sender before they are sent
to the other party; except as otherwise stated below.
- ProperComm® will hold the original emails for 7 days to allow for any objections
as stated in the Refund Policy Statement.
- If a party sends an appropriate email, no edits will be made and it will be
forwarded to the intended receiver at which time the sending party will be
credited with one “good” email to go towards the certification.
- DO NOT THREATEN: If any threats are made in an email, the email in its
entirety, without edits, will be forwarded to the intended recipient; if there
are any abuse allegations regarding children in an email, the email will be
forwarded in its entirety to the intended recipient.
- No bold type
- No italicizing type
- No exclamation points and no multiple question marks
- No use of abbreviations, e.g. “bff” “syl” “lol” “gfy” etc.
- No “chain” emails; if a “chain” of emails is sent (received by ProperComm®), all
but the “new” email will be automatically deleted and only the “new” email will
be edited; however, the sender may incur additional charges related to the total
word count associated with the “chain” email.
- Do not use the other party’s name – it will be deleted. If necessary to address
the other party in an email, you may only use “Mother” or “Father” or
appropriate pronouns e.g. I, you, me, my, your, etc.
- No capitalizing all letters in a word, e.g. ALL CAPS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
- No name calling.
- Write your email as if you are writing it to a business associate.
- NO attachments or links; any materials you wish to provide to the other parent
must be mailed or delivered through other means.
- Do not attach links – any links will be deleted.
- Emails must be about the children or financial issues only.
- Emails will not be edited for grammar, punctuation or spelling.
- Once a ProperComm® user has received 3 consecutive months of non-edited (good) emails and at least 20 consecutive emails during that time, or 40 non-edited (good) text messages, the user will receive a certificate which they can turn into to the Court to show they have been appropriately emailing the other party.
- ProperComm® is not liable for the intended recipients’ actions in regard to the
- ProperComm® is not liable for any delay in delivery of the email.
- You agree to add the ProperComm® email address to your email account to avoid the email going to spam.
- The registering party agrees that they have ready each and every rule above and has agreed to each and every rule stated above.